Critical Issues In Writing About Bioterrorism
Tuesday, April 02, 2002
Fact-based storytelling raises complex challenges. Consider bioterrorism: Should you write about it, or will it alarm viewers or give terrorists ideas? How constrained by the facts should you be? Where can you get accurate information? What is your responsibility as a public citizen and as a dramatist?
• Neal Baer, M.D., writer/producer, Law & Order: SVU
• Michael Frost Beckner, writer/executive producer, The Agency
• Jeffrey Koplan, M.D., M.P.H., director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Stephen Ostroff, M.D., associate director for Epidemiologic Science, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Moderator: Victoria Riskin, president, WGAW