What Are We Doing to Our Kids?
Youth audiences are prized targets for TV shows, film, and advertising, but are kids growing up too fast? Do they suffer physically or emotionally from the messages conveyed in entertainment and advertising? What is our responsibility as influential adults and writers?
• Al Jean, writer/executive producer, The Simpsons
• Michael Borkow, writer/co-executive producer, Malcolm in the Middle
• Douglas Steinberg, consulting producer, Boston Public
• Rebecca Collins, PhD, senior behavioral scientist, RAND
• Sharon Lee, co-president/co-founder, Look-Look
• Michael Perry, writer/supervising producer, The Guardian
• Lizzy Weiss, writer, Blue Crush
• Moderator: Victoria Riskin, president, WGAw
Hosted by Neal Baer, Law & Order: SVU; Peter Blake, The Practice; Elizabeth Hunter, Fighting Temptations