Addiction: Fact & Fiction
Panelists offered compelling stories about addiction—from substance abuse to treatment and recovery, and included recovered addicts, medical experts, specialists in drug and tobacco policy, and TV writers who have turned stories about addiction into top-rated television shows.
• Keynote: Dr. Timothy Condon, Deputy Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse
• Dr. David Foster, Supervising Producer, House
• Sam Catlin, Supervising Producer, Breaking Bad
• Dr. Karen Miotto, Medical Director, UCLA Addiction Medicine Service
• Dr. Jonathan Samet, Director, USC Institute for Global Health
• Moderator: Dr. Neal Baer, Executive Producer, Law & Order: SVU